Mr. Peter Bukusia’
Message from The Finance Manager
The finance function is central to any organization. The strength or weakness of the finance function will mean the difference between failure and success of any entity. The Kajiado West Technical & Vocational College Finance Office supports the operations of the college and is charged with the responsibility of designing and implementing sound and effective systems for the management of the College’s resources, as well as collecting college data and presenting it in financial reports. Currently, the department has a staff strength of 3 staff. It is headed by the Finance Officer who is responsible to the Principal and the Board of Governors. The Finance office is located in the Administration block.
The finance office concerns itself with financial matters in seven sections:
- Budgeting -For resource allocation
- Income: Student accounts – Deals with student matters
- Income: Other collections – Deals with other incomes of the college
- Expenses: Personnel claims – This deals with payments to staff for salaries and allowances
- Expenses: Petty cash payments – This section deals with cash payments
- Expenses: Credit payments – This section deals with bank payments.
- Reporting – This section deals with report preparation and analysis
In the student accounts subsection student matters are handled as follows:
Student Accounts – This section handles student account related queries, financial clearance and issues student statements/ invoices on request. Contacts: email@example.com
Cash office – This section updates the student accounts with payments made. Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit control – This section follows up on outstanding fee balances and handles deferred payment plans. Contacts: email@example.com
Acceptable Modes of payment
- Bank Cash deposits
- Bankers cheques
- Online transfers (EFT, RTGS, Wire transfers)
Payment currencies are either in Kenya Shillings. We do not accept cash/ cheque payments in our office. All cash/cheque should be deposited in our bank accounts. Information provided below.
Deposit slips are to be presented in our office for receipt. One must ensure the correct student admission number is included on the deposit slip.
Any deposit not for fees should be communicated to the finance office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition fee payment dates
- Fees must be paid in FULL on or before the date the semester begins
- All fresh student MUST pay fees in full to be able to register for courses
NB: No students will be allowed to sit their end semester exams if they have not paid their fee or have prior arrangements.