In 2014 a foundation stone was laid, the buildings were completed in 2017.
Kajiado West Technical & Vocational College was registered as a college under the TVETA Act on the 27th November 2017. It is situated behind the scenic Ngong’ Hills as you approach from Nairobi. It is easily accessed through the Ngong’-Kimuka-Kesamis road. The first principal to the college is Dr Lumumba Achieng’ who admitted the first students personally to the college on the 5th May 2018. From the 1st batch of 44 students admitted between May and July 2018. The college has grown to enroll more than 200 students undertaking various courses.
Kajiado West Technical & Vocational College administration and management want to put in place rigorous training programmes in Agriculture and Welding. The college is to be a center of excellence in training and producing graduates who have attained the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to thrive in the line of work.
To provide quality technical training and vocational education and produce highly competent graduates and professional for the modern world of work
A world-class center of excellence in technical training and vocational education.
The Mandate of the Kajiado West Technical & Vocational College is to provide technical and vocational education and training.
Our Core Values
- Customer focus
Our Key Objectives
- To inculcate entrepreneurial culture in the trainees;
- To enhance the technical capacity and capability of the Kajiado West Technical & Vocational College staff;
- To enhance the technical capacity and capability of the Kajiado West Technical & Vocational College infrastructure
- Enhance the ability of the Kajiado West Technical & Vocational College in responding to emerging trends and issues,
- To develop capacity for research and innovation;
- To enhance institutional Corporate Governance and Management based on principles of best practices
- To enhance ICT infrastructure and equipment to bridge the digital divide.
Training Smart for life solution.